‘Vegan chocolate icing’ is not a phrase you hear every day; but it’s always music to our ears, right?
This is a super easy, naturally sweet, gooey chocolate icing that is actually good for you! The macadamia nuts are full of healthy fats, and the cacao powder is packed with antioxidants.
I love to spread it on bananas or brownies or just eat it by the spoonful. No specific measurements are necessary. Just go by your taste preferences. You can make as much as you want, and make it as chocolatey as you want.
Also, I think the icing tastes perfect on its own, without any added sweeteners. But if you want it a little sweeter, you can add a some green leaf stevia powder to taste. Based on what I have been learning in school, it’s the best choice.
- Raw macadamia nuts (4 oz by weight makes a little over 2 oz of macadamia butter)
- Raw cacao powder (to taste)
- Green leaf stevia powder to taste (Optional)
- Blend macadamia nuts in a food processor until smooth.
- Add cacao powder until it is as chocolatey as you want.
- Serve, and enjoy!
(Yes. It’s that simple.)